Museum Volkenkunde is open from tuesday until sunday from 10.00 - 17.00.
The museum is closed on mondays ( except during school vacations), January 1st ( New Year's day), April 27th ( King's Day) , October 3rd ( Leids Ontzet) and December 25th ( Christmas Day).
Important: the museum is open on mondays during school vacations and on various holidays.
This means that we're open on:
- 25 February (Spring holiday)
- 22 & 29 April (Easter and May holiday)
- 22 & 29 July (Summer holiday)
- 5, 12, 19 & 26 August (Summer holiday)
- 21 October (Fall holiday)
- 23 & 30 December (Christmas holiday)
- January 1st (New years day)
- April 27th (Kingsday)
- October 3rd (Leids Ontzet)
- December 25th (Christmas day)
|until 31-12-2018||until 1-1-2019|
|Adults ( 19 years and older)||€14,00||€ 15,00|
|Adolescents (from 4 up to and including 18 years old)||€ 6,00||€ 6,00|
|Children (up to and including 3 years old)||Free||Free|
|CJP||€ 7,00||€ 9,00|
|Group price (starting with 10 people)||10% discount||10% discount|
|Students||€ 10,00||€ 10,00|
|Bankgiro Loterij VIP-KAART||Free||Free|
|ICOM, Vereniging Rembrandt||Free||Free|
|Friends Tropenmuseum, Afrika Museum, Museum Volkenkunde||Free||Free|
Opening hours Library
The library of Museum Volkenkunde is closed from 24 December until 7 January 2019.
Opening hours: Tuesday until Friday from 13.00 until 17.00.
General visitors conditions
Read our visitors conditions below ( in Dutch)